|Indications||<p>Treatment of nicotine dependence as an aid to smoking cessation. The 4mg strength is appropriate for smokers with a strong or very strong nicotine dependency.</p>|
- Adults and adolescents (12-18): Chew slowly for 30 minutes when there is an urge to smoke.
- Ideally 8-12 pieces a day, maximum of 25 x 2mg daily or 15 x 4mg daily.
- Seek medical advice for use in adolescents beyond 12 weeks.
You may experience:
- Sore mouth or throat
- Throat irritation
- Increased salivation
- Jaw ache
- Nausea and vomiting
- Indigestion or heartburn
Store in a cool and dry place.
Use with caution in:
- Denture wearers, GI disease, unstable cardiovascular disease, diabetes mellitus and renal or hepatic impairment.
- Inflamed stomach lining (gastritis).
- Inflammation of the food pipe (oesophagitis).
- Inflammation of the mouth or throat.
- Overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism).
- Tumour of the adrenal gland (pheochromocytoma).
- Severely decreased kidney function.
- Moderate to severely decreased liver function.